Thanks to your support, we receive enough feedback to learn what you think about us, which helps us give you better features and range of business opportunities. While going through them recently, however, there was one thing that stood out: many – including those that are now our partners – had reservations about joining because “TFGcrowd is already late to the game… so many big crowdfunding sites already exist” – to quote one statement directly. Allow us to address that today.
By all means, it’s true that TFGcrowd is a newcomer to the crowdfunding scene. We only set up a platform in mid-2018, and it’s been nothing short of an amazing journey for us so far. However, saying we’re late to the game is a tad misleading, if not misguided. For one, while it can be argued that it’s too late to launch as a donation-based or rewards-based platform, equity-based crowdfunding platforms only began picking up steam a mere 2 or 3 years ago and are still on an upward trend.
Further, there is currently a dearth of alternative financing solutions in the EU, especially those like TFGcrowd which are favorable for startups. At the moment, startup financing in Europe is still very much centered on venture capitalist backing, which is harrowing once you consider that VC investments in the EU are the lowest in the world.
There’s a lot more that could be discussed regarding the relevance of TFGcrowd in light of today’s economic and cultural developments. We’re not doing that, however. Instead, let’s go over what you want to see: the results of what we’ve achieved this past year with your support and trust.
Here are some key highlights from 2018 to early 2019:
- In the last seven months, 7 projects with targets of up to 200 000€ were successfully funded, and have paid out investors with their well-deserved interest.
- Trade Finance & Logistics, Building Renovation in Forst, and Schaeffer Nutraceuticals received the greatest number of backers, with a total of 395 Investors.
- 566 Investors from across the EU were able to generate a total of 907 400€ of funding for their respective investment opportunities, 775 170€ of which went to successfully funded projects.
- Startups like Skewer were able to achieve their funding goals and get their business off the ground.
- Trade Finance & Logistics which features Alan Logistics GmBH, is one of the most popular successfully funded projects on the platform, with 263 510€ raised so far, having met its minimum target of 100 000€, and is now on its way to meeting its maximum funding goal of 400 000€.
Is TFGcrowd late in the game? The results say otherwise, and we couldn’t be any happier about it. And it’s all thanks to you: borrowers who believe in our ability to get them through tough financing challenges and investors who trust us to help them grow their investments. It’s thanks to you, our community, that we’re able to grow this much – and it hasn’t even been a full year yet! Needless to say, the future looks bright for TFGcrowd, and you are part of that future, too.